Security is a priority at Security Service. This section will help you learn how you can take steps to protect yourself and your family when you use a computer, your ATM or debit card, and more.
Protect Yourself and Your Finances, Online and Off
ATM/Debit Card Security
- Treat your card like cash and protect it at all times.
- Do not lend or give your card to anyone.
- Take your card with you after making a purchase or withdrawal.
- Take your receipt with you and verify it against your monthly account statement.
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to 1.800.725.5411.
Security Service Power Protected Checking
Provides access to credit report monitoring, fraud protection, mobile phone coverage and much more!
Personal Identification Number (PIN) Security
- Do not share your PIN with anyone.
- Do not write your PIN on the card or the card sleeve.
- Do not store the PIN with your card, in your wallet, or in your purse.
- Do not allow anyone else to enter your code for you.
- Stand between the ATM/terminal and anyone waiting to use the machine so that others cannot see your PIN or transaction amount.
- Park close to the ATM and observe the entire ATM area before leaving the safety of your car.
- Do not allow a stranger to help you make a transaction.
- Observe the entire ATM area before rolling down the window of your car to use the drive-up ATM.
- Minimize the time spent at the ATM by counting the money after you have left the ATM.
- Cancel your transaction and leave immediately if you see anyone or anything suspicious.
Home Computer Security
- Ensure firewalls, anti-spyware, and anti-virus software are installed on your home computer. Update and run them frequently.
- Change your passwords on a regular basis.
- Do not download or install software without verifying the source.
- Install a personal firewall on your computer.
- Do not click links inside spam email.
If you suspect you’ve received a phishing email claiming to be from Security Service Federal Credit Union, forward it to: