Get the most from your Power Protected Checking account
How can Power Protected Checking serve you?
In addition to high earned interest on your account balance, Primary Power Protected Checking account holders are entitled to additional identity theft protection benefits at no additional cost.1, 2
These services include:
- Continuous Credit Monitoring
- High-Risk Transaction Monitoring
- Internet Surveillance
- Wallet Protection
- Mobile phone coverage up to $1,000
Identity Protection Management
To begin enjoying these benefits, primary account holders must register online using the Member ID/Entitlement number emailed to them after opening their Power Protected Checking accounts.
Follow these steps to complete enrollment:
- From the validation page, enter your Member ID, click Next.
- Enter SSN and DOB, click Next.
- Enter the Contact Info requested, click Next.
- Create a Username and Password, click Save Password.
- Set up Alert Preferences (Optional), click Next or Skip.
- Upon landing on the confirmation page, click Log into Power Protected ID Monitoring.
If Member ID/Entitlement number and temporary password cannot be located, call 1.877.421.0515 for assistance.
Credit Score Monitoring
Additionally, to enable and check credit scores, credit monitoring alerts, and credit reports, primary account holders must also complete “Knowledge-Based Authentication.”
Follow these authentication steps:
- Log in to your credit monitoring account.
- Click on the Credit Monitoring menu item.
- Enter the requested information to activate credit monitoring.
Upon the submission of the requested information, a credit score will be generated upon request and tracked daily.
Mobile Device Claims
To file a claim, fill out and submit the online Mobile Phone Coverage Claim Form.
Membership eligibility required.
- For additional details, refer to All About Your Security Service Accounts, Truth in Savings, and Fee Schedule for Consumer Accounts.
- The term "interest" used above refers to dividends. Security Service Power Protected Checking is a blended-rate tier account, which means the dividend rate will only be paid on the portion of your daily balance within each balance tier. Rate is variable and may change after the account is opened.
- Policy limitations and disclosures provided to you upon enrollment:
- MONITORING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO THE PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER ON AN ENTITLED BASIS AND REQUIRE CONSUMER ONLINE REGISTRATION AND ACTIVATION. For details, see Summary of Benefits – Evidence of Coverage at SSFCU.org/disclosures. Some services may be limited or unavailable to non-U.S. citizens and persons residing outside the U.S. One bureau credit monitoring, daily credit report and daily credit score are provided by TransUnion®. Fully Managed Recovery Services and Monitoring Services are provided by InfoArmor, Inc. ID Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. Reimbursement coverage is not available to residents of the state of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions in the future..
- Up to $1,000 Mobile Phone Coverage: $500 maximum per covered claim after $50 deductible. Two claims within a 12 month period. Limitations apply. For details, see “Electronic Device Protection Policy Summary - Terms and Conditions” at SSFCU. org/disclosures.