Get the most from your Power Protected Checking account
How can Power Protected Checking serve you?
In addition to 10¢ cash back on purchases and high earned interest on your account balance, Primary Power Protected Checking account holders are entitled to additional identity theft protection benefits at no additional cost.1, 2
These services include:
- Continuous Credit Monitoring
- High-Risk Transaction Monitoring
- Internet Surveillance
- Wallet Protection
- Mobile phone coverage up to $250
Identity Protection Management
To begin enjoying these benefits, primary account holders must register online using the Member ID/Entitlement number emailed to them after opening their Power Protected Checking accounts.
Follow these steps to complete enrollment:
- From the validation page, enter your Member ID, click Next.
- Enter SSN and DOB, click Next.
- Enter the Contact Info requested, click Next.
- Create a Username and Password, click Save Password.
- Set up Alert Preferences (Optional), click Next or Skip.
- Upon landing on the confirmation page, click Log into Power Protected ID Monitoring.
If Member ID/Entitlement number and temporary password cannot be located, call 1.877.421.0515 for assistance.
Credit Score Monitoring
Additionally, to enable and check credit scores, credit monitoring alerts, and credit reports, primary account holders must also complete “Knowledge-Based Authentication.”
Follow these authentication steps:
- Log in to your credit monitoring account.
- Click on the Credit Monitoring menu item.
- Enter the requested information to activate credit monitoring.
Upon the submission of the requested information, a credit score will be generated upon request and tracked each month.
Mobile Device Claims
The included mobile phone coverage benefit provides cash reimbursement for claims due to accidental damage from handling and mechanical/electrical breakdown.
To submit a claim, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Power Protected ID monitoring account.
- Click the Recovery menu item
- Within the MOBILE PHONE COVERAGE section on the page, click on Learn More to be directed to the Disclosures page.
- Click to download and print the Mobile Phone Coverage Claim Form linked at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out downloaded claim form and submit it using the submission instructions included on the form.
Membership eligibility required.
- For additional details, refer to All About Your Security Service Accounts, Truth in Savings, Mastercard Guide to Benefits for Debit Card Holders and Fee Schedule for Consumer Accounts.
- The term "interest" used above refers to dividends. Security Service Power Protected Checking is a blended-rate tier account, which means the dividend rate will only be paid on the portion of your daily balance within each balance tier. Rate is variable and may change after the account is opened.
- Swipes" and "purchases" do not include ATM transactions, returns, checks, or overdraft advances.
- Policy limitations and disclosures provided to you upon enrollment:
- Monitoring services require online registration to activate. For specific details regarding coverage, please see Summary of Benefits - Evidence of Coverage. Some services may be limited or unavailable to non-U.S. citizens and persons residing outside the U.S. One bureau credit monitoring, annual credit report, and monthly credit score is provided by TransUnion®. Fully Managed Recovery Services are provided by InfoArmor, Inc. Mobile Phone coverage is provided by NXG Strategies, LLC and administered by Warrantech Corporation. ID Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. Coverage is not available in New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions in the future.