Scholarships & Grants
With rising college tuition costs, scholarships, financial aid, and grants are more important than ever. Security Service offers information and resources that can help your student get started on the right path.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Many foundations, corporations, institutions, trade associations, religious and ethnic organizations, and other groups offer scholarships. These awards are based on a wide variety of qualifications, including need, academic and athletic achievement, or special talents.
Visit our trusted sites below:
- FinAid – This Financial Aid Information Page also offers financial aid advice
- Fastweb! – This website is the leading scholarship search provider for students
- The Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation – Visit this scholarship clearinghouse and search their computer data base for available scholarships.
- Security Service FCU Scholarship Search Powered by Sallie Mae ® – Register for free access to 3.5 million scholarships offering up to $18 billion in money for college.
Several grant programs are sponsored by the federal government. The best-known are Pell Grants and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOGs), which are need-based programs...
- SEOGs are awarded at the discretion of each college's financial aid office
- funds are limited, so not all deserving students will receive such grants
- Be sure to visit the financial aid office of your college of choice
- Additional grants may also be available through the Department of Education