Prepare for the unexpected.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy that provides financial protection for the home, and the things you keep in it. In addition to great coverage, did you know Security Service Insurance can also save you serious money? Security Service Insurance customers save an average of $698* per year.
- Fire or Natural Disaster - If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.1
- Medical Expenses - If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- Theft or Vandalism - If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
Designed for the specific needs of condo living.
Similar to homeowners insurance, a condominium insurance policy is designed to cover property damage and liability risks of the condo owner.
- Beneficial for all condo owners and visitors. In fact, most mortgage companies require condo owners to purchase a policy for the duration of their loan.
- May cover damaged, lost, or stolen property due to fire, theft, or natural disaster. This protection could extend to interior furnishings, including walls, flooring, ceilings, appliances and fixtures.
- Could cover you against liability claims. If you are found liable for a visitor’s injury, condo insurance could cover associated medical expenses and/or legal fees.
Mobile Home Insurance
Sound protection wherever you call home.
As with any placed called home, a mobile home is an investment that would not be easy to replace if a disaster hit. The right mobile home insurance policy offers protection for your home, possessions and finances.
- Dwelling – Covers the physical structure of a mobile home from a variety of disasters, such as fire and theft.
- Contents – Covers furniture, kitchen appliances, clothing, electronics, and other belongings.
- Liability – Covers accidents on the property causing injury or property damage. This includes medical and legal expenses.
- Trip collision – Covers a mobile home while it is in transit.
Protecting the valuables within your home.
If you rent an apartment or house, your landlord might have insurance to protect the building but your belongings are not covered under such policies.
- Covers your possessions against losses from fire or smoke, lightning, vandalism, theft, explosion, windstorm, and water damage from plumbing.2
- Pays the reasonable additional costs of temporarily living away from home, such as hotel bills, temporary rentals, restaurant meals, and other living expenses incurred, if you can't live in it due to an other insured disaster.
- Covers your responsibility to other people injured at your home or elsewhere by you, a family member, or your pet, and pays legal defense costs if you are taken to court.
TotalProtect Home Service Plan
Prepare for the unexpected.
A home service plan helps cover the expense of repairing or replacing home appliances and systems when they break down from everyday use.
Just how expensive are repairs and replacements? A single breakdown can cost you more than a year of coverage.
- There are exceptions, such as: damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. Separate policies must be purchased for flood and earthquake coverage.
- Renters Insurance does not cover floods, earthquakes, or routine wear and tear. You can buy separate policies for flood and earthquake damage
Security Service Insurance (SSI) is a subsidiary of Security Service Federal Credit Union. Products offered by SSI are not insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and are not issued, guaranteed or underwritten by Security Service.
* Based on a 4th quarter 2018 third party customer satisfaction survey done on behalf of Security Service Insurance; the 2016 Consumer Insurance Survey conducted by the Insurance Information Institute; the 2016 Consumer Insurance Survey conducted by AAA; the 2016 Consumer Survey conducted by finder.com; or average savings based on policies booked January-June 2019.