Your Savings Can Earn a 10% Rate of Return
After 30 days of deployment outside of the United States, military personnel can earn a guaranteed 10% annual interest on up to $10,000 in funds contributed to the Savings Deposit Program.
- Thrift Savings Plan – A retirement savings and investment plan for federal employees and members of the uniformed services.
- Personal Financial Management Program (Choose "Personal Financial Management Services" under program/service from the Military INSTALLATIONS page) – Through the Joint Family Resource Center, financial professionals provide services for individual unit and command-level events
- AmeriForce Publishing – A publisher of free military guides and magazines that focus on a range of military topics, including deployment, finance, family and more.
Joining the Military
Thinking About Joining the Armed Forces?
There are many pros and cons to consider. Rod Powers, a retired Air Force First Sergeant with 22 years of active duty service, has written a helpful online series, titled "What the Recruiter Never Told You," to ensure every candidate makes an informed and committed decision.
Dealing with Trauma
The effects of traumatic experience can stay with us for a long time. Issues related to the occurrence can surface months, or years, later. You may find yourself suddenly quick to anger or avoiding people and places that remind you of that traumatic event. You may always be on your guard or easy to startle.
Fortunately, there is a wealth of helpful resources available, including:
- Afterdeployment.org – A wellness resource for the military community.
- Give an Hour – A non-profit network of volunteers dedicated to meeting the mental health needs of the troops and families.
- Vietnam Veterans of America – A guide to submitting a claim for benefits based on exposure to psychologically traumatic events during military service.
Collecting Your Retirement Pension
What's the earliest age a military retiree can collect a regular retirement pension? The answer: 37 years old. But the most important question is: Are you financially ready to retire? There are so many things to consider, including health care, benefits, civilian employment and more. Military.com has a wealth of informative resources to help you on your retirement journey.
At a Glance:
Military Member Benefits
Dedicated Military Line
Call our 24/7, dedicated military line and reach a live person.
Expedited Direct Deposit
Receive your military LES direct deposit 1-3 days before its set posting date.
Manage accounts, pay bills, and deposit checks from your mobile device.
Access nearly 30,000 free ATMs across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico City.
Conduct business at more than 5,000 nationwide credit union locations.