Scholarships & Financial Aid
Many foundations, corporations, institutions, trade associations, religious and ethnic organizations, and other groups offer scholarships. These awards are based on a wide variety of qualifications, including need, academic and athletic achievement, or special talents.
Visit our trusted sites below:
- FinAid – This Financial Aid Information Page also offers financial aid advice
- Fastweb!– This website is the leading scholarship search provider for students
- The Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation– Visit this scholarship clearinghouse and search their computer data base for available scholarships.
The Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation
1250 NE Loop 410, Suite 810
San Antonio, TX 78209
Security Service Scholarships
Knowing that higher education is one of the keys to a successful future, Security Service annually awards scholarships to high school seniors to assist them in paying for their college education.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member, child, or grandchild of a member of Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Be ranked in the top 15 percent of your graduating class
- Be a high school student graduating in the Spring of 2015
Note: The deadline for submitting the application has expired.
Winners are selected based on:
- Academic achievements
- Extracurricular activities
- Character and leadership qualities
- Community involvement
How to Apply
To apply, send your completed application, along with transcripts, teacher recommendations, and an essay to Security Service at the address listed on the application.
Your application will be reviewed by an independent scholarship committee. Scholarship winners will be notified by phone and letter in mid-March.
- If you live inside of Bexar County, Texas – You must apply through the Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation scholarship clearing house. You may download and print the application or contact the Foundation directly to request an application:
Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation
1250 NE Loop 410, Ste. 810
San Antonio, TX 78209
- If you live outside of Bexar County, Texas – You can apply by downloading and printing Security Service's scholarship application form or requesting an application from the Security Service Corporate Communications Department at 210.476.4613 or 1.888.415.7878 extension 4613.
Mail the completed application, including all forms and supplemental materials, to the Corporate Communications Department. You may also write to the corporate communications department to request an application:
Security Service Federal Credit Union
Attn: Scholarships/Kara Hall
16211 La Cantera Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78256-2419
Several grant programs are sponsored by the federal government. The best-known are Pell Grants and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOGs), which are need-based programs...
- SEOGs are awarded at the discretion of each college's financial aid office
- funds are limited, so not all deserving students will receive such grants
- Be sure to visit the financial aid office of your college of choice
- Additional grants may also be available through the Department of Education