Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA) | Security Service

Security Service Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA)

​This type of individual retirement account might be a good choice for someone who expects to be in a higher income tax bracket in retirement, since taxes are deducted before contribution with Roth IRAs, rather than at the time of distribution.

Apply at  SSFCU Location

Apply 24/7/365 by Calling 1.800.451.2543  

Choosing to build your retirement savings with a Roth IRA means you pay taxes on your contributions up front by using after-tax dollars. This means you'll pay no taxes when you take distributions, which you may begin to take penalty-free distributions at the age of 59½.

General Contribution Limit
For 2013 and 2014, the most an individual can contribute to a Roth IRA is generally the smaller of:

  • $5,500 ($6,500 if the individual is age 50 or older), or
  • The individual's taxable compensation for the year  

You can’t make regular contributions to a traditional IRA in the year you reach 70½ and older. However, you can still contribute to a Roth IRA and make rollover contributions to a Roth or traditional IRA regardless of your age.

Already have an IRA?
If you need to make a change or transfer and IRA, click on the appropriate form below.

  • Start a new Roth IRA - If you have recently retired or need to move a 401k account, use this form.  
  • Rollover Form - If you have recently retired or need to move a 401k account, use this form.
  • Transfer Form - Use this form to consolidate all your retirement funds to Security Service.
Apply 24/7/365 by Calling 1.800.451.2543
Join the credit union.1
Visit a Security Service Federal Credit Union location in Texas, Colorado, or Utah, or join over the phone when you open your Roth IRA!
1Every member must open a share account (either a Security Service Basic Savings Account or a Youth Savings Account) with a $5 opening balance in order to join Security Service Federal Credit Union.