Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Security Service Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA)

​This type of individual retirement account might be a good choice for someone who expects to be in a higher income tax bracket in retirement, since taxes are deducted before contribution with Roth IRAs, rather than at the time of distribution.

Roth IRA

How to Apply

Apply at a Security Service Federal Credit Union location near you or apply 24/7 by calling 1.800.451.2543.
Choosing to build your retirement savings with a Roth IRA means you pay taxes on your contributions up front by using after-tax dollars. This means you'll pay no taxes when you take distributions, which you may begin to take penalty-free distributions at the age of 59½.


Mem​ber Reviews

Already have an IRA?

If you need to make a change or transfer and IRA, click on the appropriate form below.

  • Start a new Roth IRA - If you have recently retired or need to move a 401k account, use this form.  
  • Rollover Form - If you have recently retired or need to move a 401k account, use this form.
  • Transfer Form - Use this form to consolidate all your retirement funds to Security Service.


Not a Security Service Member?
There are thousands of ways to qualify for membership. Find out if you qualify in the first step of the application or stop by one of Security Service's branches in Colorado, Texas, and Utah.

*Previously, IRA owners were allowed one rollover per 12-month period for each IRA owned.

Must meet membership requirements and must open and maintain a Security Service Savings account (either a Security Service Basic Savings Account or a Youth Savings Account) with a $5 balance.