- 12-month fixed-rate certificate
- Open for as little as $250, $25,000 for Jumbo rates
- Penalty-free withdrawals (up to 50% of the certificate's balance per day)
- Additional deposits allowed
- No account fees
- 100% of certificate balance can be used as loan collateral
Additional Certificate Information
- Interest3 is accrued daily, paid monthly
- Allow your certificate's monthly interest to grow or transfer it to your Security Service checking or savings account
- To make withdrawals, a minimum $250 account balance must be maintained.
Want More Term Flexibility?
If you want the flexibility of shorter or longer certificate terms, consider opening a Traditional Certificate or a Fixed-Rate IRA Certificate.
Want Your Account to Do More?
Would you like to earn interest and gain access to identity theft protection, smartphone coverage, cash back rewards, etc.? Compare our feature-rich Power Protected Checking to a traditional Share Certificate account.
Not a Security Service Member?
There are thousands of ways to qualify for membership. Find out if you qualify in the first step of the application or stop by one of Security Service's branches in Colorado, Texas, and Utah.
Must meet membership requirements and must open and maintain a Security Service Savings account (either a Security Service Basic Savings Account or a Youth Savings Account) with a $5 balance.
For complete details, refer to the Deposit Terms and Truth in Savings.
- Unlimited withdrawals of any amount up to 50% of the Certificate balance per day. Penalty applies if withdrawal exceeds 50% of balance.
- Certificates are Share Certificates.
- "Interest" referenced in the context of this page refers to "dividends."