Security Service Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA)
Save for qualified education expenses while your deposits grow tax-free with a Coverdell ESA.
A Coverdell ESA is a tax-advantaged savings account for higher education expenses or qualified elementary and secondary education expenses. Contributions to this type of education savings account are not tax-deductible, but deposits grow tax-free until the money is used.
Already have an IRA?
If you need to make a change or transfer an IRA, click on the appropriate form below.
- Open with $100
- Provide savings for higher education at a higher dividend rate
- Contribute up to $2,000 per year, per child
- If funds are not used, you may transfer to another qualifying child
- Move funds between variable-rate or fixed-rate certificate
- For additional details, refer to All About Your Security Service Consumer Accounts, Truth in Savings Disclosure, Mastercard Guide to Benefits for Debit Card Holders and Fee Schedule for Consumer Accounts.