Power Protected Checking
Protect your phone. Protect your identity. You can’t live without it.
What's included? A lot.
Identity Theft Protection & Recovery Services2
- 24/7 ID Theft Protection
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Social Media Monitoring
- Daily Credit Report & Score
- Real-Time Monitoring Alerts
- High Risk Transactions Monitoring
- Data Breach Notifications
- Professional ID Theft Research & Recovery Services
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance up to $25,000
- Internet Surveillance with Credential Monitoring
- Health Insurance Fraud Monitoring
- Lost Wallet Protection
- IRS Tax Fraud Refund Advance
- IP Address Monitoring
- Solicitation Reduction
- Credit Freeze Assistance
Mobile Phone Coverage1
High Interest on Account Balance3
24/7 Identity Theft Protection
We’ve got your back with in-depth monitoring and recovery services.2
Monitoring services like no other account out there
Looking out for you all day, every day.
Real-Time Monitoring Alerts
Receive texts and emails when your credit is pulled or other suspicious activity takes place.
Dark Web & Internet Surveillance
Get notified if your personal information is found online or on the dark web, also known as deep web or underground internet, where criminals buy and sell data.
Social Media Monitoring
Keeps an eye on your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts to alert you of vulgarity, violence, or a possible account takeover.
Daily TransUnion® Credit Report & Score
Always know where your credit stands with easy access to your daily TransUnion® credit reports and scores.
High Risk Transactions Monitoring
Alerts you if your identity is used in financial or healthcare account activity such as money transfers or account management changes.
Data Breach Notifications
Receive notifications, along with actions to take, if your personal information may have been exposed as a result of a data breach.
Identity Health® Status Updates
Get a monthly overview of your identity security.
IP Address Monitoring
IP addresses are unique strings of numbers and periods that identify your web-enabled devices. They are considered personally identifiable information (PII) and can be used in conjunction with other data to build a profile about you. IP Address Monitoring scans for harmful use of your IP addresses and alerts you if they have been compromised.
An important step in protecting your identity is to reduce the amount of personal information available to telemarketers and in your mailbox. Solicitation Reduction provides you with the ability to opt out of third-party marketing solicitations such as pre-approved credit card offers, telemarketing calls, commercial mail, and coupons.
ID Theft Recovery services for peace of mind
And peace of wallet.
A dedicated Privacy Advocate will manage and resolve suspected or confirmed fraud until completion. These Fully Managed ID Theft Recovery Services cover three generations of your family, and includes financial and non-financial identity theft.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance also covers up to $25,000 of your out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the recovery of your identity. These expenses may include attorney’s fees, mailing expenses, and lost wages.2
Credit Freeze Assistance
A credit freeze lets you restrict access to your credit report, which makes it more difficult for identity thieves to open new accounts in your name. We can help you move through the process quickly and efficiently to better protect your credit.
IRS Tax Fraud Refund Advance
We’ll advance your tax refund if someone fraudulently files and receives it on your behalf. Get additional details here.
What personal data do you monitor?
That’s up to you.
Register whatever sensitive information you would like monitored such as:
- Social Security number
- Login credentials
- Email addresses
- Driver license numbers
- Passport information
- Debit & credit cards
- Financial account numbers
- Insurance information
Need to set up monitoring? If you already have a Power Protected Checking account, see how to activate your monitoring services here:Monitoring Services
Mobile Phone Coverage
Protection from the oops in life.1
What is covered
Up to $500 for two phone repairs per 12-month period on any mobile phone you own to protect you against accidental damage, mechanical failure, or theft. No phone registration required.
Insurance coverage totaling up to $1,000 each 12-month period that you are eligible. Coverage allows two (2) claims up to $500 each for your device’s repairs or replacement due to accidental damage, mechanical failure, or theft. A $50 deductible applies to each claim. Pre-registration is not required and coverage applies to both new and used cell phones and smartphones.1
Compare Phone Protection Plans◊
Power Protected Checking
w/ mobile phone coverage
all phones you own
How much is a screen repair?◊◊
A cracked screen costs a lot more than heartache.
iPhone X Max
Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy Note9
iPhone 8 Plus
Broken Phone? If you already have a Power Protected Checking account, submit your claim here.Submit Your Claim
Earn Interest on Your Account
The more in your account, the more we’ll pay you.3
Think of Checking in a New Way
We do.Open Your Account
Enroll in Power Protected ID Monitoring2
Let’s get to it.
It only takes about 15 minutes to make sure your information is protected. Setup is easy:
- Go to ssfcu.org/idmonitoring4
- Enter your Member ID* & verify your info
- Enter the personal data you want monitored
That’s it! We’ll do the rest.
*You will receive your Member ID via email when you open your Power Protected Checking account.
Federally insured by NCUA. Membership eligibility required.
1) Mobile Phone Coverage: $500 maximum per covered claim after $50 deductible. Two claims within a 12 month period. Limitations apply. For details, see “Electronic Device Protection Policy Summary - Terms and Conditions” at SSFCU.org/disclosures. Coverage is provided by NXG Strategies, LLC and administered by Worth Ave. Group.
2) MONITORING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO THE PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER ON AN ENTITLED BASIS AND REQUIRE CONSUMER ONLINE REGISTRATION AND ACTIVATION. For details, see Terms and Conditions for Identity Theft Recovery Services and Power Protected ID Monitoring at SSFCU.org/disclosures. Some services may be limited or unavailable to non-U.S. citizens and persons residing outside the U.S. Standard data and text messaging rates may apply for alerts. Most alerts are provided real-time, but some may not be immediate. One bureau credit monitoring, daily credit report and daily credit score are provided by TransUnion®. Fully Managed Recovery Services and Monitoring Services are provided by Allstate Identity Protection. ID Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. Reimbursement coverage is not available to residents of the state of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions in the future./p>
3) The term “interest” refers to dividends. Per calendar month, each account is allowed six limited transactions, which include checks, online or phone transfers, automatic transfers, and ACH transactions. For complete rate and tier information, refer to the rate sheet or visit ssfcu.org. Rates are variable and subject to change without notice.
4) The third-party website ssfcu.org/idmonitoring is not administered by Security Service Federal Credit Union.
‡ Smartphone damage data source: SquareTrade’s 2018 Smartphone Owners Repair Study conducted in August 2018 using Samplify, a subsidiary of Research Now SSI. Feedback was collected from 1,010 online consumers.
* Exposed records source: ITRC 2018 End-of-Year Data Breach Report. Fake Follower statistic according to data security firm Imperva.
§ Household transaction data source: 2017 Diary of Consumer Payment Choice (DCPC), 2017 Census
◊ Cell phone protection plan sources: AT&T at att.com, Verizon at verizonwireless.com, Sprint at phoneclaim.com/sprint, and AppleCare at macworld.com.
◊◊ Phone screen repair pricing: SquareTrade’s 2018 Smartphone Owners Repair Study, samsung.com, and support.apple.com.
† Security Service Power Protected Checking is a Blended Rate Tier account, which means the dividend rate noted above will only be paid on the portion of your daily balance within each Balance Tier. Depending on the balance in the account, the annual percentage yield (APY) will fall within the range listed. For example, if you have $23,000 in your account, you will earn .05% on the first $9999.99 and .20% on the next $13,000.01. The highest APY is calculated based on a balance of $500,000.
†† APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is accurate as of 10/7/21. The Dividend Rate and APY may change without notice at the discretion of the Security Service Federal Credit Union Board of Directors. Fees may reduce earnings on your account.