buy a car
+ Daily Reports with
| Power Protected Checking
Power Protected Checking
Protect your phone. Protect your identity. You can’t do today without it.
What's included? A lot.
Up to $1,000 Mobile Phone Coverage1
Identity Theft Protection & Recovery Services2
- 24/7 ID Theft Protection
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Social Media Monitoring
- Daily Credit Report & Score
- Real-Time Monitoring Alerts
- High Risk Transactions Monitoring
- Data Breach Notifications
- Professional ID Theft Research & Recovery Services
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance up to $25,000
- Internet Surveillance with Credential Monitoring
- Health Insurance Fraud Monitoring
- Lost Wallet Protection
- IRS Tax Fraud Refund Advance
- IP Address Monitoring
- Solicitation Reduction
- Credit Freeze Assistance
10¢ Cash Back on Purchases3
High Interest on Account Balance3
Up to $1,000 Mobile Phone Coverage
Protection from the oops in life.1
What is covered
Up to $500 for two phone repairs per 12-month period on any mobile phone you own—that’s $1,000 of mobile phone coverage against accidental damage, mechanical failure, or theft. No phone registration required.
Insurance coverage totaling up to $1,000 each 12-month period that you are eligible. Coverage allows two (2) claims up to $500 each for your device’s repairs or replacement due to accidental damage, mechanical failure, or theft. A $50 deductible applies to each claim. Pre-registration is not required and coverage applies to both new and used cell phones and smartphones.1
Compare Phone Protection Plans◊
Power Protected Checking
w/ mobile phone coverage
all phones you own
How much is a screen repair?◊◊
A cracked screen costs a lot more than heartache.
iPhone X Max
Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy Note9
iPhone 8 Plus
Broken Phone? If you already have a Power Protected Checking account access the claim form.Submit Your Claim
24/7 Identity Theft Protection
We’ve got your back with in-depth monitoring and recovery services.2
Monitoring services like no other account out there
Looking out for you all day, every day.
Real-Time Monitoring Alerts
Receive texts and emails when your credit is pulled or other suspicious activity takes place.
Dark Web & Internet Surveillance
Get notified if your personal information is found online or on the dark web, also known as deep web or underground internet, where criminals buy and sell data.
Social Media Monitoring
Keeps an eye on your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts to alert you of vulgarity, violence, or a possible account takeover.
Daily TransUnion® Credit Report & Score
Always know where your credit stands with easy access to your daily TransUnion® credit reports and scores.
High Risk Transactions Monitoring
Alerts you if your identity is used in financial or healthcare account activity such as money transfers or account management changes.
Data Breach Notifications
Receive notifications, along with actions to take, if your personal information may have been exposed as a result of a data breach.
Identity Health® Status Updates
Get a monthly overview of your identity security.
ID Theft Recovery services for peace of mind
And peace of wallet.
A dedicated Privacy Advocate will manage and resolve suspected or confirmed fraud until completion. These Fully Managed ID Theft Recovery Services cover three generations of your family, and includes financial and non-financial identity theft.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance also covers up to $25,000 of your out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the recovery of your identity. These expenses may include attorney’s fees, mailing expenses, and lost wages.2
What personal data do you monitor?
That’s up to you.
Register whatever sensitive information you would like monitored such as:
- Social Security number
- Login credentials
- Email addresses
- Driver license numbers
- Passport information
- Debit & credit cards
- Financial account numbers
- Insurance information
10¢ Cash Back on Purchases
Get more from your everyday buys.3
Swipe for cash back
Every purchase you make with your Power Protected Checking account gives you 10¢ back into your account, so your cash back adds up fast!
Calculate your cash
From gas, groceries, and bills, to dining out and shopping, the average household makes approximately 40 transactions per month. Use Power Protected Checking to make those purchases and watch your cash back grow!
Think of Checking in a New Way
We do.Open Your Account
Enroll in Power Protected ID Monitoring2
Let’s get to it.
It only takes about 15 minutes to make sure your information is protected. Setup is easy:
- Go to ssfcu.org/idmonitoring4
- Enter your Member ID* & verify your info
- Enter the personal data you want monitored
That’s it! We’ll do the rest.
*You will receive your Member ID via email when you open your Power Protected Checking account.
Federally insured by NCUA. Membership eligibility required.
1) Up to $1,000 Mobile Phone Coverage: $500 maximum per covered claim after $50 deductible. Two claims within a 12 month period. Limitations apply. For details, see “Electronic Device Protection Policy Summary - Terms and Conditions” at SSFCU.org/disclosures. Coverage is provided by NXG Strategies, LLC and administered by Worth Ave. Group.
2) MONITORING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO THE PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER ON AN ENTITLED BASIS AND REQUIRE CONSUMER ONLINE REGISTRATION AND ACTIVATION. For details, see Summary of Benefits – Evidence of Coverage at SSFCU.org/disclosures. Some services may be limited or unavailable to non-U.S. citizens and persons residing outside the U.S. Standard data and text messaging rates may apply for alerts. Most alerts are provided real-time, but some may not be immediate. One bureau credit monitoring, daily credit report and daily credit score are provided by TransUnion®. Fully Managed Recovery Services and Monitoring Services are provided by InfoArmor, Inc. ID Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. Reimbursement coverage is not available to residents of the state of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions in the future.
3) “Purchases” do not include ATM transactions, returns, checks, or overdraft advances. This offer is subject to change without notice. The term “interest” refers to dividends. For complete rate and tier information, refer to the rate sheet or visit ssfcu.org. Rates are variable and subject to change without notice.
4) The third-party website ssfcu.org/idmonitoring is not administered by Security Service Federal Credit Union.
‡ Smartphone damage data source: SquareTrade’s 2018 Smartphone Owners Repair Study conducted in August 2018 using Samplify, a subsidiary of Research Now SSI. Feedback was collected from 1,010 online consumers.
* Exposed records source: ITRC 2018 End-of-Year Data Breach Report
§ Household transaction data source: 2017 Diary of Consumer Payment Choice (DCPC), 2017 Census
◊ Cell phone protection plan sources: AT&T at att.com, Verizon at verizonwireless.com, Sprint at phoneclaim.com/sprint, and AppleCare at macworld.com.
◊◊ Phone screen repair pricing: SquareTrade’s 2018 Smartphone Owners Repair Study, samsung.com, and support.apple.com.
† Security Service Power Protected Checking is a Blended Rate Tier account, which means the dividend rate noted above will only be paid on the portion of your daily balance within each Balance Tier. Depending on the balance in the account, the annual percentage yield (APY) will fall within the range listed. For example, if you have $23,000 in your account, you will earn .05% on the first $9999.99 and .40% on the next $13,000.01. The highest APY is calculated based on a balance of $500,000.
†† APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is accurate as of 12/6/19. The Dividend Rate and APY may change without notice at the discretion of the Security Service Federal Credit Union Board of Directors. Fees may reduce earnings on your account.