Cash Back, Identity Theft Protection, Mobile Phone Coverage & High Interest
More than just a checking account, Power Protected Checking provides 10¢ cash back on purchases, identity theft protection, mobile phone coverage up to $250, high interest, plus much more! It gives you peace of mind knowing we are looking out for you, monitoring your personal information to protect your Security Service and other bank accounts, as well as protect your entire identity! You won't find an account like Power Protected anywhere else: the benefits of cash back and high interest checking, the security of identity theft protection and mobile phone coverage, and the personal service of your credit union, all for a low monthly account fee of $6.1,2,3
Protects You, Not Just Your Bank Accounts
Your personal information is vulnerable—not just your bank accounts and credit cards. It can be stolen from your doctor's office, mailbox, online…just about anywhere. Power Protected Checking not only monitors your credit and financial accounts, but also your Social Security number, driver license number, passwords, date of birth, and more.2
Don't Live with a Cracked Screen
If you accidently crack or damage your mobile phone, you don't have to wait to replace it. Your phone is covered up to $250 with Power Protected Checking!2
Interested in High Interest?
Power Protecting Checking provides high interest on your account balance. The more money you have in your account, the higher the interest you earn.1
Track Your Credit Score
Always know where your credit stands with a free credit score each month and an annual credit report.2
Get Text Alerts When Activity Happens
Receive text messages almost instantly when your credit is pulled or other suspicious activity takes place.2
We'll Pay You Back
Power Protected Checking comes with ID Theft Expense Reimbursement, providing you up to $25,000 for out-of-pocket costs incurred from identity theft!2
Checking Account Rates
Power Protected Checking accounts earn interest1 based on the account balance:
Security Service Power Protected Checking is a Blended Rate Tier account, which means the dividend rate noted above will only be paid on the portion of your daily balance within each Balance Tier. Depending on the balance in the account, the annual percentage yield (APY) will fall within the range listed. For example, if you have $23,000 in your account, you will earn .05% on the first $9999.99 and .40% on the next $13,000.01. The highest APY is calculated based on a balance of $500,000.
- For additional details, refer to All About Your Security Service Accounts, Truth in Savings, Mastercard Guide to Benefits for Debit Card Holders and Fee Schedule for Consumer Accounts.
- Monthly account fee is deducted automatically from your account at the end of each month.
- Power Protected Checking account fee will be waived for members with a monthly average account balance of $50k or greater.
- The term "interest" used above refers to dividends. Security Service Power Protected Checking is a blended-rate tier account, which means the dividend rate will only be paid on the portion of your daily balance within each balance tier. Rate is variable and may change after the account is opened.
- Swipes" and "purchases" do not include ATM transactions, returns, checks, or overdraft advances.
- "Free ATMs" include Security Service, CO-OP Network, and Stripes Convenience Store ATMs. ATMs outside of this network are subject to a $1.50 fee.
- Policy limitations and disclosures provided to you upon enrollment
- Monitoring services require online registration to activate. For specific details regarding coverage, please see Summary of Benefits – Evidence of Coverage. Some services may be limited or unavailable to non-U.S. citizens and persons residing outside the U.S. One bureau credit monitoring, annual credit report, and monthly credit score is provided by TransUnion®. Fully Managed Recovery Services are provided by InfoArmor, Inc. Mobile Phone coverage is provided by NXG Strategies, LLC and administered by Warrantech Corporation. ID Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. Coverage is not available in New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions in the future.
- Additional terms, conditions and limitations apply to the services.
- Terms and Conditions of Identity Theft, Privacy Protection, and Monitoring Services
- TX Residents - Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance Evidence of Coverage
- Other States - Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance Evidence of Coverage (Not Available for Residents of New York)
- Mobile Phone Coverage Claim Form
- Mobile Phone Coverage Member Services Agreement
- AD&D Guide to Benefits
† APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is accurate as of 4/1/19. The Dividend Rate and APY may change without notice at the discretion of the Security Service Federal Credit Union Board of Directors. Fees may reduce earnings on your account. Contact an employee for further information or to obtain current rate information at 1.888.415.7878.