Up to $1000 Mobile
Phone Coverage with
| Power Protected Checking
Mobile Phone Claims1
From cracked screens to water damage, we’ve got your phone covered! To view what is and is not covered, the claims process, and additional information, see complete policy.
If you already have Power Protected Checking, submit your claim.
I believe my identity was stolen. What do I do?
If you have a Power Protected Checking account and believe you’ve been the victim of identity theft, our professional, dedicated Privacy Advocates are here to help you:
Call 1-877-421-0515; Privacy Advocates are available Mon. - Sat. 7am - 9pm CT and Sun. 11am - 5pm CT. This service covers all types of identity theft, even if it is not related to your Power Protected Checking account.
What do Privacy Advocates do?
Depending on your identity fraud incident, Privacy Advocates are prepared to:
- Provide instruction for fraud alerts and credit freezes with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters and make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, and others to resolve incidents
- Create and maintain a case file to assist law enforcement in the prosecution of the criminals
- Request the removal of fraudulent records to assist in recovering your identity to pre-theft status
Who qualifies for this service?
This service is available to all named Power Protected Checking account holders, and extends to three generations of your family. Family members include you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents with the same permanent address, any IRS-qualified dependents, and your parents (mother or father) with the same permanent address, or who are registered in a senior assisted living facility, nursing home, or hospice. Services continue up to 12 months after death for all family members.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance up to $25,000
Power Protected Checking includes access to Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance to cover out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $25,000 with zero deductible. Examples of covered expenses include attorneys’ fees, costs of additional credit reports, long distance telephone calls, postage and handling fees, fees for notarizing affidavits, and document and filing fees for grants or credit applications rejected as a result of a stolen identity event. Lost wages due to time off from work are also covered up to $500 per week for up to four weeks.
Your Privacy Advocate will work on your behalf to file your claim. To access the Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery and Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance, please call 1-877-421-0515. Privacy Advocates are available Mon. - Sat. 7am - 9pm CT and Sun. 11am - 5pm CT.
IRS Tax Fraud Refund Advance
You may be eligible for a tax refund advance if someone fraudulently files your taxes and receives your return. If you have a Power Protected Checking account and believe this has happened to you, call 1-877-421-0515. Privacy Advocates are available to help you Mon. - Sat. 7am - 9pm CT and Sun. 11am - 5pm CT.
Federally insured by NCUA. Membership eligibility required.
1) Up to $1,000 Mobile Phone Coverage: $500 maximum per covered claim after $50 deductible. Two claims within a 12 month period. Limitations apply. For details, see “Electronic Device Protection Policy Summary - Terms and Conditions” at SSFCU.org/disclosures. Coverage is provided by NXG Strategies, LLC and administered by Worth Ave. Group.
2) MONITORING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO THE PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER ON AN ENTITLED BASIS AND REQUIRE CONSUMER ONLINE REGISTRATION AND ACTIVATION. For details, see Terms and Conditions for Identity Theft Recovery Services and Power Protected ID Monitoring at SSFCU.org/disclosures. Some services may be limited or unavailable to non-U.S. citizens and persons residing outside the U.S. Standard data and text messaging rates may apply for alerts. Most alerts are provided real-time, but some may not be immediate. One bureau credit monitoring, daily credit report and daily credit score are provided by TransUnion®. Fully Managed Recovery Services and Monitoring Services are provided by Allstate Identity Protection. ID Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. Reimbursement coverage is not available to residents of the state of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions in the future.