Earn high interest1 and guaranteed returns for a set period of time with a Traditional Certificate2. Security Service Federal Credit Union offers some of the best certificate rates in Colorado, Texas, and Utah.
Open a Traditional Certificate for as little as $500 ($25,000 for jumbo rates). With flexible terms from 3 months to 7 years, choose the certificate term that is right for you.
- Fixed interest rate for a fixed term
- No account fees
- 100% of the certificate balance can be used for a secured loan
- No additional deposits allowed
- Early withdrawal penalties apply and may vary by certificate term
- Interest is accrued daily, paid monthly.
- Allow your monthly interest to grow or transfer it to your Security Service checking or savings account
Want Penalty-Free Access to Your Money?
If you want the flexibility to withdraw or deposit money before certificate maturity, consider opening a Future Builder Certificate.
Want Your Account to Do More?
Would you like to earn interest and gain access to identity theft protection, smartphone coverage, etc.? Compare our feature-rich Power Protected Checking to a traditional Share Certificate account.
Not a Security Service Member?
There are thousands of ways to qualify for membership.
Find out if you qualify in the first step of the application or stop by one of Security Service's branches in Colorado, Texas, and Utah.
Must meet membership requirements and must open and maintain a Security Service Savings account (either a Security Service Basic Savings Account or a Youth Savings Account) with a $5 balance.
For complete details, refer to the Deposit Terms and Truth in Savings.
- "Interest" referenced in the context of this page refers to "dividends."
- Certificates are Share Certificates.